The buzz of digital cameras often have loved amazing increase nevertheless film has still a significant part to try out in photography and will remain to be essential for some time, a few years at the very least. Film has many advantages that photographers keep recognize. Major players in the production of film like Kodak is still putting into it millions although experts all agree that digital film will reign supreme in the near future. Necessities such as reasons though why some photographers favor film over digital:
1) Facilities and Investment – Ordinary people, not only photographers, have invested considerably in photographic equipments that use film. Cameras and lenses continue to have capabilities that digital photography cannot match. Compared with a high-end professional 35mm camera, a digital camera still lacks facilities that just the traditional camera can offer. A photographer who decides to switch to digital may find himself spending big in particular when his lenses, flashes as well as other gadgets are not appropriate for a brand new digital system.
2) Wide Angle – The lack of extreme wide-angle lenses plus a slow start-up time are two of probably the most disadvantages of even reliable digital cameras. 35mm cameras adjusts to digital bodies usually use a CCD image sensor which is smaller, usually about 245mm x 16mm) instead of the 36mm x 24mm x 35mm film that results to a narrow angle. Photographers that are fans of wide angles may find the traditional 35mm much more of their liking.
3) Action – Film cameras also offer a benefit during fast-changing and unpredictable photography scenarios. Unlike digicam which uses batteries than may ran out in one of the most unexpected time, a 35mm camera can easily be switched on and prepared for use whenever you need take a shot. Furthermore, digital cameras usually take quite a few seconds before you work with it which obviously is usually a downside for photographers who would like to capture actions which cannot be repeated anymore.
4) Tough Conditions – Film cameras are also sturdier equipments compared to their digital counterparts and can withstand harsh issues that photography may possibly need in the line of work. Count on film to get much more reliable than digital particularly when you are working in a not-so-good varying weather conditions.
5) Comparing Costs – When it comes to cost, film and digital advantages and disadvantages vary substantially depending on the usage. A photographer that has a film funds amounting to lots of money in one year may find digital camera more practical. But when you’re not a busy photographer, your income may not defray the expense of going digital.